Tom has been working in the Power Quality and Surge Protection fields continuously since 1985.
* From 1985 to 1992, Tom was Vice President of Applications Engineering at Innovative Technology, Inc. in Brooksville, FL.
* From 1992 to 1999, Tom was the Owner of PS Power Solutions, Inc. in Salt Lake City, UT and Jacksonville, FL.
* From 1999 to May, 2020, Tom was the Senior Applications Engineer at Surge Suppression LLC, in Brooksville, FL.
* In June, 2020, Tom started PQSolutions as an independent Power Quality Consultant. In all of these positions, Tom had a number of similar duties:
- Conduct on-site Power Quality Studies with power quality analyzers, ground testers, and electrical system analyzers
- Provide commissioning of SPD installations for the Project Engineer
- Conduct site surveys and recommend power quality conditioning remediation, including surge protective devices, uninterruptable power supplies, generators, grounding, harmonic filters, and other PQ equipment
- Presented live on-site seminars to Professional Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Facility Engineers/Managers, Government Agencies, and Corporate Management with Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Continuing Education credits (CEUs) for attendee certification requirements
- Provided on-site problem resolution on application and installation of surge protective devices and grounding systems